- M.Sc(A): Couple and Family Therapy, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
- M.A: Creative Arts Therapies with a speciality in Art Therapy & BFA: Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Concordia University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Noriko has worked with individuals ranging in age from 2 to 95 years old in a variety of environments including private practices, hospitals, schools, daycares, and community organizations. Noriko has experiences in working with clients with chronic stress, anxiety, PTSD/ C-PTSD, depression, behaviour issues, special needs, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), ADD & ADHD, and various mental and physical illnesses (i.e. patients diagnosed with cancer, receiving dialysis treatment, etc).
Noriko is dedicated to help couples and families develop a healthy relationship. Also, guiding caregivers who are facing with their loved ones’ mental and physical illnesses is her passion.
Working with children and teens is one of her competent clinical skills. The areas of specialization include helping people struggling with family/ couple conflicts, work/ school related difficulties, cultural/ gender identity issues as well as life transitions such as going through academic/career change, grieving process, going through/ recovering from illness, divorce, and etc. Helping individuals who are experiencing hardships related to adjusting to cultural differences and assimilating in a new living environment is her passion.
By understanding each client’s background and experience, she offers individualized treatment focused on the person, rather than issues to work towards increasing self-awareness, insight, and improving well-being. Noriko incorporates not only creative arts therapy, but also Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) approaches.
Works in English and Japanese.
*As a BIPOC (Black indigenous People of Colour) therapist, Noriko supports BIPOC individuals, couples, and families.
◆ ◆ ◆
- Private Practice ... Working with individuals of all ages in Westmount (near metro Vendome and Atwater.
- EMSB: English Montreal School Board ...Facilitated weekly group art therapy sessions for adolescents from 13 to 21 years old & worked with children from 3 to 12 years old in a number of schools and daycares
- Jewish General Hospital: Dialysis Unit ... Offered art therapy to patients who are receiving dialysis treatment
- Jewish General Hospital: Child & Adult Psychiatry ... Worked with children from 5 to 16 years old with their siblings and parents & facilitated family group sessions, as well as helped adult families.
- Cedars CanSupport: Montreal General Hospital, Royal Victoria Hospital, La Ruche Community Art Centre ... Worked with cancer patients and their loved ones as well as palliative patients & co-facilitated women cancer group and terminal cancer group sessions
- Hope & Cope: Jewish General Hospital ... Facilitated Art Therapy workshops at a retreat for Stage 4 cancer patients and their family
- Alzheimer's Group Inc. ... Worked with individuals with dementia/ Alzheimer's disease & facilitated group sessions
and worked/ volunteered in various local organizations in Montreal, QC, Canada, and Art Therapy institutions in Tokyo, Japan.